Friday, September 18, 2009

Go

Over the past week, my dad and I have been learning how to play Go from our neighbor Randolph. It's an ancient Chinese strategy game. The goal is to capture your opponents pieces and to grab and hold territory. Follow this link for in-depth rules. Follow this link for the general rules and history. As of right now, we don't have a board or pieces, so we're borrowing from Randolph in exchange for lacquering the pieces for him.
Here's my dad and I playing the game. (I'm white).
I won that one by about 50 points (that is normally not too much). The last game we played I won 107-0 (that is a lot)

3 comments:

Tan Family said...

You are such a wonderful Go player, already! I hope that you teach the rest of us how to play this week. :)

Grandma said...

I can't wait to learn how to play Go next time I see you! I always love playing games with you Ricky.

Rick Tan III said...

You have the mind of a military strategist - Daddy is getting annihilated! But, nevertheless, I love spending quality time with my son!