Friday, April 16, 2010

Funnel Cakes

Yesterday we celebrated my Dad's 43rd birthday. We gave him a couple presents, and I made him a card that made sure to remind him of his age.


For dinner, I made him a pizza and Joey made a salad. The funnel cakes were for dessert.

Last week we went to the World Market and found a funnel cake making kit. We prepared the batter an hour or two early, and let it sit in the fridge. Once it was time, I fried them in a pan of oil, and then we topped the cakes with blueberries, whipped cream, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. We were able to make about eight small, five inch funnel cakes.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Oh my, you are going to have to make some funnel cake for Grandpa next time you visit. He is a great lover of funnel cakes and yours looks awesome!

Tan Family said...

It was a wonderful party! You have become an "Iron Chef".